There’s nothing better than starting a new week with a fridge full of fresh food. It instantly puts my brain in a healthy mind set and is the ultimate form of #motivationmonday.
I wanted to take a minute today to share with you my grocery list. How boring, right? But many people have no idea what to fill their cart with. We often grab the easy, cheap and fast foods. We forget that eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard or expensive. You can make the change to live a healthier week right now.
But why is that so hard sometimes? LIFE, duh! I get it, we have families, picky kids, busy jobs! Trust me, I know how it goes. The only way I can sustain this diet is with balance. I follow the 80/20 rule. Eat clean 80% of the time and treat myself the other 20%. Do you think you can do that with me?
When I start my shopping, I stick to the basics – fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, ect. I like to keep my diet clean by eating the foods in their natural state. No matter what your diet is, you can modify this clean eating grocery list to fit your needs. For myself, I’m gluten intolerant so I eat a gluten-free diet but you can modify for lactose intolerance, vegeterian or even vegan.
Below is a quick grocery list of clean eating foods that will help you start your journey. Remember, fill your cart with foods along the perimeter of the grocery store. They put all the natural foods in the four corners of the store so you have to walk through the whole store to get what you want. What are you putting in your cart this week?